Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's a good idea to begin at the bottom in everything except in learning to swim. ~Author Unknown

I'm a day later than planned - but I made it to the pool. I even suckered a good friend into coming with me. In total, we did 12 lengths, or 300M. With lots of breaks. Quite the workout.

It felt really good to be in the water again though - I used to swim at my granny's place in Toronto all the time as a kid. I love the feeling of moving through water - even if it's challenging and gets the heart rate up. I think the largest battle of the evening was just getting there.

We ended up swimming at the YMCA. The other pool we checked out was packed. The Y let us in for free, since there was only an hour left - and probably to let us check out the facility in hopes that we pay for a membership. I am tempted, but its pricey.

Now I have to try and get two more swims in by Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment