Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Slightly Major Setback...

Last set of days off were brutal. Brutal! We had 3 trips to the ER for the family that involved stitches for one, and a LONG night for the others. (Side note: everyone is recovering well!). That coupled with a weekend away for camping equals NO WORKOUTS for 7 days. Not very smart just two weeks prior to your 'A' race. Lesson learned.

I got back to work today, and jumped on the treadmill tonight. Did a 5km run. At 6 mph. 31:19. Not bad, except that I felt horrible. I ate way too much food at dinner, crappy food, and it was too soon to my workout. That coupled with the fact that it had been 7 days since my last workout, meant a very difficult run. But I got it done.

I read a section in The Triathlete's Training Bible that stated that fitness is always changing and never stagnant. It states that even as little as 2 weeks of inactivity can result in significant fitness losses, especially in regards to endurance. I completely agree. I was able to complete the workout, but it was really really tough. Again, lesson learned.

Time to pick it up a notch, and really work out my nutrition. Less than 2 weeks to go, and I am getting NERVOUS!!!

Update: I forgot to mention I am a complete nerd and got a video pass for the ITU World Triathlon Series at Triathlonlive.tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment