Saturday, July 28, 2012

Rewards

So it has been almost 2 weeks since my first triathlon! At work, this time I took it easier on the workout front, to allow my body to rest. Since I learned that my swim is a weakness, I want to concentrate on it over the coming months, as well as adding more strength training on a regular basis. I would like to try and do at least 3 sprint distance triathlons next season.

It feels weird not having a race to work towards (unfortunately I am not able to fit the remaining triathlons into my schedule due to work and vacation). I will be signing up for a few more running races, so that I stay motivated in my workouts. I really think the best way to keep yourself honest and training is by having the odd race to hold you accountable!

Yesterday I received a huge "reward". We went into a clothing store, and I was able to fit into shorts and pants with a 36" waist! I used to wear a 40" waist! The great thing about this, is that there are far more clothes available in the smaller sizes. And I am feeling better about the way I look - which also then makes me want to train more and harder in order to improve and maintain what I have gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment