Thursday, May 10, 2012

Another Quick Update

Sorry for the lack of blogging - I find it hard to sit down and write... well honestly I find it hard to sit down and do anything requiring a certain amount of attention!

Tonight (or this morning as I am working night shifts) I took my new vibram fivefingers for a test run on the treadmill. I really like these shoes, and enjoyed the "barefoot" running experience. I took it at an easy pace, and did a 5km run in just over 35 mins. It definitely works a different set of muscles, and although I felt at that pace I could easily keep running, I didn't feel like pushing it.

Matt and I finished our 5km race, "The Big Run". It was a really fun event (at least for me ;-) ), and when we showed up that morning it was pouring rain. Both of us just had hoodies on (I didn't want to pin my race number on my rain coat). The good news is that it quickly turned to snow, so we didn't get as wet as we could have.

Check out Deb Tris, a great blog, and inspiration for those of us just starting out and getting healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment