Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Quick Update

Fallen into a rather consistent training schedule, but I still need to improve the frequency of workouts at home. I have found a great template for tracking my training on Google Docs, and it's obvious I need to add more training time during my days off. Unfortunately for me, it's difficult trying to fit in workouts when all I want to do is hang out with the family. The solution to this is easy - I have to get up early in the morning and go to the YMCA before the kids are up. But this is not actually easy for me. I HATE mornings. With a passion. But I guess that's why much of being a Triathlete is mental preparation as well as physical.

I have signed up for another 5km race - my next weekend home. Ironically it's in the same place as the one my friend and I are doing, so it will give me a good base to compare to. This will allow me to set a PR in the 5km, since I will be running it alone. The race is put on by MEC.

Than a mere two weeks after that one is the 5km race that my friend and I will be doing - The Big Run. So two 5kms in two weeks!

Found the perfect song for my runs: Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites by Skrillex - it is the perfect pace setting song for me, and provides some great motivation to keep moving one foot in front of the other. I ran 6kms at home - two loops of the run I did awhile ago. Felt great to finish, as I would NEVER have been able to do that a few months ago. I learned however not to run on concrete sidewalks. My knees have still not recovered...

All for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment