Friday, June 22, 2012

Ups and Downs

I have to admit I started to slack off in May, and the beginning of June. Either that or April was just an exceptional month. I am still consistent at work, but not with the summer weather arriving, my days off are filled with family activities and I find it harder and harder to work out.

I did discover that loading the two youngest in the chariot and towing them around my normal circuit is a great hidden workout - especially during the long hills. Adds around 50 - 60 lbs.

I did my first Race Length Brick tonight, doing a 24km Bike (with some hill repeats) and then a 5km run (with some speed work). I have to admit I feel pretty good about it - I was able to handle it right to the end, and merely 4 months ago I would never have been able to attempt this. Heck, 10 mins on the treadmill and I was winded! I think I am at a point now where I have gained the confidence that I will finish the triathlon.

The yearly fitness/physical test has arrived. We were supposed to do it this morning, but had to reschedule for Sunday morning. I will tell you, that although you have 12 mins, and it usually only takes between 7 and 8, it is a BRUTAL test. Accomplishable, but not fun. The joys of being a Firefighter I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment