Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead" - Les Brown

The last couple of weeks have been rather sedentary, to say the least. I worked 17 days straight at work and managed to do great getting to the gym during the first 8 days. But the second half I think I went only twice. It was difficult once I passed the day I would normally have gone home. After that I was just generally tired, and went right back to my room after supper. I am not planning on doing a long stint like that again, and will make sure this coming 8 days I am in the gym for all of them.

I have been home for a long 12 days, in which we have moved into our new house. I love our new house. And have been busy unpacking and moving. Not much physical work though... unless you count building Ikea bookcases and exercise.

The two other team members we were hoping to talk into joining us on the race (as you need a co-ed team of 4) weren't able to commit. This is a bit of a big setback. Our plan is to follow a few leads on two other team members, and continue planning to do the entire event. If unable to find any teammates, we will enter the Half Moon in August race instead. This is a one day event - a sprint race, that will still be a huge challenge for me. People continue to tell me this is what we should be doing anyway to start... but I still think if your gonna do it... go big.

I have had the opportunity to meet some marathoners, and triathletes. And it has me a bit worried. These are people who have trainers. And get up at 5a.m. to run, bike and swim. Who eat, breath and sleep this stuff. Who eat specialty foods and workout religiously. I wish I could be that person... well, I wish I could be determined like that person. I am not sure if I have it in me... we'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment